Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default O/T: More Disgusting

Robatoy wrote:
Did you even read the OP and the subsequent reply?

Did you see the word 'guess' in the following (mine) statement?:
"My guess would be that in Powell's mind, such as it is, he lost his
job because of a black man.
That makes him even more dangerous."
I still think there is a probability that my 'guess' might be right.

And by the way, a guess is speculation, even if you "think" it's
probable.

The fact that I am aware that racism still exists amongst power-
tripping Texas cops makes it quite possible that this cop would have
behaved differently had the 'perp' been white. Others here have stated
same, and I agree.

More unfounded speculation.
Using your same rules of logic, you could replace "would have" with
"wouldn't have" and have just as valid an argument.

I did google it and still can't find any evidence that the guy is
racist. I see a lot of people who never met the guy (sounds familiar)
throwing the race card around on blogs and commentaries. But nothing
from him or from anyone who's had dealings with him providing any
evidence of racism. As much press as this is getting, you think there
would be someone, somewhere just chomping at the bit to provide a
"Furman tape."

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)