Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default Home made hinges and latches for small boxes

On Apr 4, 8:53 am, Phisherman wrote:
I would like to make some hinges and latches for some small wooden
boxes. Since I have some leather, that seems to be a good choice for
the hinges, but I'm looking for some ideas on shop-made latches.
Doesn't need to look pretty, as these boxes are for protecting small
electronic measuring devices that are showing up in the shop.

At a craft show once I saw a guy that made decorative latches that had
on the lid one piece as a dovetail shaped key with a straight section
coming out the short end, with a pin going through it into pieces on
either side. On the case there were two angled pieces the key locked
into. I reckon if you didn't care what it looked like you could crank
several of those out pretty quick.

Or, 3-4 round head screws and a rubber band.

-Kevin