Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default See the Upgrade to my Bandsaw

MikeWhy wrote:
Pretty cool, Mike. That hacked in tension release, though... You'll want
that really rigid, of course.

Yeah, I just threw that together to see if the concept would work for
that saw.
It does and I'll do something more "right."

Interesting setup. I love the simplicity
and unconventional thinking. (Also, I didn't see the pin that goes in
the split table. You didn't misplace that, did you? That's what
stabilizes and aligns the floppy ends.)

Hmmm, got me thinking now. I don't see one. I juts looked and I see a
hole, may tapered.
So there should be a steel pin that goes in there? Does it just wedge
in or what?

That table is cast iron, it's pretty stiff, but like I said, I see a hole.
Strange enough, it still had most of the protective goo from the factory.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--