Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing border glue

In article ,
Bob Smith wrote:
I have removed the paper backing of a border (the previous owners just
took the top layer off) that is on a painted wall. Now I am left with a
sticky glue, the kind that is left behind from sticky labels, not
wallpaper paste.

How do I remove the glue without damaging the paint below? I intend to
paint the walls, and would like a clean finish without a textured line
from the glue. There is about 20-25m to do.

I'd try white spirit first. It works with some self adhesives. Or label
remover - you'll get that from the likes of Maplin.

--
*Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.