Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Repairing vintage Philips 7871 receiver

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 14:25:28 -0500, sickrick wrote:

:Hey all,
:
:I have a small (but major) problem with my Philips 7871 receiver. The
:treble pot only controls the right channel. The left channel is stuck
n 0 dB: when i turn the pot, there is no change in the sound. The pot
:works fine with the right channel and the bass pot works fine with both
:channels. I have a feeling I need to buy a multimeter, but its been
:many years since I used one and I've completely forgotten how to use it.
:I also am looking for a service/repair manual for this, but I can't find
ne. I took off the casing and looked around for any visual clues, but
:everything looks fine inside. A few questions:
:
:Is there anything else I should look for?
:
:Anyone here have experience repairing this particular piece of
:equipment?
:
:If I bought a multimeter, how would I go about troubleshooting this
roblem?
:
:How much would it cost to repair this problem if I took it to a tech
:
:Any idea where I could find a service/repair manual?
:
:Please help!!!
:
:Thanks
:Rick

If you subscribe to this forum
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51608
you might be able to contact Brian. He seems to have a manual.