Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dust collection piping sticker shock

Yep, Bill Pentz's site gives pretty much the same conclusions.
However, I did like the info Bill provvided about using aluminum tape
inside and outside the length of the ducting jump grounded acrocss
joints, etc. This at least avoids getting zapped. Also, the big danger
I guess is sucking up sparks from mechanical activity. The article you
referenced speaks about how not just explosion but even more likely
smoldering fires. Yikes. I think maybe Bill's suggestion to NOT
include a floor sweep opening where you can suck up screws to spark
off the impellors is probably a good idea.

I guess I'll be adding a few fire sprinklers to my garage shop.

On Apr 3, 2:05*pm, B A R R Y wrote:
SonomaProducts.com wrote:
*But I can be
convinced with science so maybe I'll research that while I look around
for answers about using pvc or abs.

http://home.comcast.net/~rodec/woodworking/articles/DC_myths.html