Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Conflicker Worm

Doug White wrote:

I don't have the worm, but in the process of checking & updating all of
Micro****s security patches, they broke my newsreader. If I try to mark
any articles as "read", it crashes the program. I use an ancient, small,
fast program called NewsXpress, which has served me very well for about
15 years. It is now nearly unusable.

I am ****ed.

Can't you set it to run in win 95 mode?

That doesn't help. I can't imagine what the "security patches" could
have done to it, but the only thing I did between 15 years of working
fine & its being busted was install a bunch of Micro**** updates Tuesday
night.

NewsX is supposed to be loosely based on newsXpress, and it's a lot more
recent, so I may finally have to switch.

Doug White