Andy Hall

Default How loud is 43Db

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:15:59 +0100, "Dee" wrote:

How loud is 43Db when compared with 52Db. Sorry to ask what seems to me as a
slightly daft question but our kitchen is open plan and noisy appliances are
not welcome.

I obviously do not own a decibel meter (I am sure they are not called that).
So could anyone offer a comparison.

Thanks

AndyP

It's almost 10 times quieter. However, the figures, and the
behaviour of the ear are logarithmic (approximately).

The difference between the figures is important, as is the method of
measurement and the distance. Unless these are the same, you can't
compare the figures.

Assuming that the conditions are the same, then if noise is a concern,
this is a difference worth having.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl