Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_] Percival P. Cassidy[_2_] is offline

Default 68 illegals apply for MD license/ID card gave same address-800sq ft home

On 04/02/09 12:43 pm wrote:

. . . It wouldn't surprise me to find out that at
least in some states, you can get licensed as an electrician without
proving citizenship. I can see the radical illegal alien advocates
arguing that the licensing shouldn't depend on citizenship and that it
should be illegal to even ask. If some states are now handing out
drivers licenses, why should electrician licenses be out of the
question.

Also, does anyone know if the FAA checks for citizenship for pilot
licensing?

You don't even have to be a citizen to serve in the US military. Why,
then -- from a strictly logical viewpoint -- would anyone need to be a
citizen merely to fly a plane?

Strangely, however, only citizens can serve as civilian employees of the
Defense Dept.

Perce