Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default V-belt angles

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:04:30 -0700, "Michael Koblic"
wrote:

Further to my previous post of some months ago, my on-going search
for a "K" size belts has proved more difficult than I had imagined.

Have you tried looking through Grizzly's drill presses?

They usually have decent manuals and parts. See:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/cate...spx?key=380000

Not the cheapest source though...

One of the problems with Harbor Freight and Grizzly is that they do not ship
to Canada. OTOH what other use is a daughter in NY :-) ? I may have to reach
into those sources as well.

Meanwhile I have e-mailed Black and Decker who do a similar drill press.
This was not a simple effort either: To find the part number of the v-belt
is simple enough, however, no details on the belt size etc. are available.
To navigate the maze of customer support and actually send an e-mail to
Black and Decker (and not DeWalt as happens if you follow the links) took a
while.

I have also decided to irritate Canadian Tire and asked for the same
information about one of their *other* drill presses, one "made by" Jobmate.
And guess what, they sent me an identical e-mail to the first one with the
identical phone number for Mastercraft! After resting in a darkened room I
shall make the phone call - again.

BTW "Beautiful country" is apparently a Chinese name for America, not a
city.

The things you learn...

--
Michael Koblic,