Dr. Lazarus Long

Default Craftsman table saw tuning semi-saga.

On 20 Oct 2003 08:05:34 -0700, (George Eversole Jr.)
wrote:

Lazarus Long wrote in message . ..

I think calling it road debris is a bit strong.

Actually it was found on the side of the road awaiting the garbage
man. Good eye dad! The only real problem was that it had a blade w/ a
1" hole on the 5/8" arbor. This tore up the arbor and bearings, hence
a replacement. Other than that and adding some machined pullys,
guard/splitter, and a link belt the saw was in great shape.

So the fact that the arbor was junk is really a result of the former
owner abusing it, not a flaw of the tool.

I've done my share of Craftsman bashing in the past. But that's
always been their power hand tools which seem too lightly built for
what they're claimed to be able to do.

But I can't bash my T.S. it's been fine. Not great, but adequate for
a hobbyist. That's key - a hobbyist. Advanced or otherwise, a hobby
guy isn't likely to work the tools as hard as someone using them to
make a living. And if one does, well, there's always a sale at
Woodcraft to buy the big iron.