Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kostas Kavoussanakis Kostas Kavoussanakis is offline

Default Bosch cylinder vacuum cleaner won't reel in power cable

My (2? 3 yo?) Bosch cylinder vacuum cleaner won't reel in its power
cable. The idea is that you pull gradually to get the cable out; when
you stop pulling, it locks there. If you yank the cable, it reels it
in.

The first symptom was that it would keep trying to reel the cable in
all the time; you just couldn't stop it. 2 weeks later, it stopped
reeling it in at the end of the cable travel.

Any ideas what the problem is and if it's simple enough to fix? I
don't do soldering. :-) I am OK with simple electrical jobs.

Thanks,

Kostas

p.s.: Very annoyed with the v.cleaner. German-made Bosch; what is the
world coming to?
p.p.s: Very annoyed with myself. Where did I put the receipt?