Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can anyone recommend a group for help with windows crashes?

On 4/1/2009 2:34 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Smitty Two wrote:

Imagine that. A family of products so ****ty that it takes a thousand
newsgroups to keep the Big Lie alive.

As it turns out, there are about 2,760 newsgroups served by the microsoft
news server. Not all are intensely active, of course, but it takes that many
to service over a billion users.

Of course you're using a Mac (accounting for about 7% of the installed
computer customer base). Still, the Mac is more popular than various
versions of Linux which, at less than 1% of the market, no one will use if
even if it was given to them.

I suspect the main reason for the Mac's popularity not being down in the
Linux range is the fact that Microsoft wrote a substantial part of the Mac's
software.

I agree with everything you wrote except that last bit. Assuming we're
talking about the Mac OS, Micro$oft wrote *none* of that. So far as
application software is concerned, well, yeah, a lot of MS software runs
on the Mac, but there's also a ton of non-MS stuff.

Personally, I still think of Mac users as kind of a cult; nothing really
intrinsically better about the system, apart from the Unix core (which a
lot of Mac users don't even know or care about) and the superior
prettiness of the Mac desktop--big deal.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)