Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default birds like my A/C; nesting; is 3flrs up, dangerous for ladder atall often

On Apr 2, 10:26*am, Pat wrote:
On Apr 2, 10:11*am, (David Combs) wrote:

Our bedroom A/C -- damn birds like it.

Turning it on does nothing to them -- they remain.

ASIDE:
When I lived in an appartment, with balcony, a pigeon pair
took to it. *Then they built a nest, complete with eggs.

I knew full well that once those chicks grew up and wanted
to have their own nests, that they'd come right back *there*.
There'd be NO getting rid of them, then.

SO, I got my trusty tennis racket, went out there, and killed
the two doves, and tossed the eggs.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

(Yes, friend inside watching me was a bit, uh, shocked! :-) *)

END ASIDE:

Now that I'm living in a house, with a/c facing the back-yard
(huge slope down away from house) and on the 3rd floor, it is
pretty dangerous, at least for me (don't like heights, edges
of cliffs, etc), to put up a ladder (a LONG ladder) and climb
up and do what's needed.

MY QUESTION:

How to get rid of THESE birds, and for the future, how to keep
them from coming back?

Well, how about spreading some lye on everything? *Or spraying
poison all over the inside, enough to drift out the back
and settle there too. *THAT would work just fine! *RIGHT?

Only problem is that there'd be no one left inside to appreciate
the lack of birds. * :-(

Ideas?

David

Climbing a ladder 3 stories up isn't for you. *That's what you have
kids for. *At about 15 they are fearless, want to prove that they can
do what Dad can't, and they bounce pretty well.

Otherwise, you'll need to put up one of those hawk/owl decoys so scare
off the cute little birdies.

You can also get strips of stuff what sort of look like a combination
of a wire brush, barbed wired and Edward Scissorhand what you lay down
on every flat space so the birds don't any place to roost.