Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about buying a multimeter

I suspect the HF meters also have fuses. What irritates me,
is that the fuses are twelve bucks each. I can buy the glass
car fuses for under a buck each, and the plastic push in
fuses, also under a buck. However, with the Fluke meter,
only a Fluke fuse will fit.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .

If you are measuring on circuits with high available current
you might
appreciate the Fluke fuse. Particularly on a residential
service and
many commercial/industrial locations you want a meter that
is "category"
rated for the hazard of the location. Fluke will be rated
(may not all
be rated for the most severe). I wouldn't bet HF is. You
could wind up
wearing the meter. Fortunately that is not much of a hazard
in a house
except the service panel. If you are using a meter for work
it could be
an OSHA issue.