Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Conflicker Worm

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:10:14 -0500, the infamous "Martin H. Eastburn"
scrawled the following:

What I heard was it has been in the works for years.
It was first delivered to 'us' in 2000. It lights up
on April 1.

There are variants of it - the maker made a number of
them so it would be a mess to track them.

As I walked in to get dressed this morning, I heard my computer reboot
and thought "This is not good." I wasn't in a lighted room so I don't
know if the power fluctuated, but the comp is on a UPS, so power
shouldn't have caused the reboot. Internet was out, but a reboot of
the modem fixed that.

I'm running Avast and hope I'm covered for Conflicker. We shall
see...

LJ--with all appendages crossed.

Makes it hard to walk that way.

--