Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Will my tractor pull this?

"R" wrote in message
stryped wrote:
I have an old Ford 2n. SOmeone at work has an old 6 foot John Deer
pull disc for 200 bucks. It is a 6 foot. I would use it mostly on my
80x40 garden after using a single plow. Willmy tractor comfortably
pull this? Is it a good deal?

What Glenn said, plus,

All you are asking will depend on a number of things that you have not
included here.
There were many styles and models of discs carrying the John Deere brand.

Until recent years none of them were made by John Deere. Then they brought
in the Frontier line.

The general answer is, "yes", your tractor can probably pull the discs,
however, will it be strong enough to cultivate while you are pulling them.