Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd Mortimer Schnerd is offline

Default 68 illegals apply for MD license/ID card gave same address-800sq ft home

wrote:

Actually that is what happened. There has almost always been quotas
and lines. It took my great-great grandfather almost five years to get
the okay to come over. I would be the same place because my GGF obeyed
the law at the time.
If I really did not want to share, I would be suggesting that the
quotas be lowered to nothin', which I am not.

So quotas end up keeping those who obey the law out.

That is correct. I had a Norwegian roommate many years ago who came to
this country to learn how to fly and gain enough experience to get a
flying job back in his own country. He spoke English. He attended the
North American Institute of Aviation, received his private and
commercial licenses, along with instrument and multiengine ratings, and
then became a CFI. That's how I met him: he was hired to teach flying
at the company where I was a charter pilot.

He went on to earn an airline transport license and a Learjet type
rating, then went home to Norway. As it turned out, he couldn't find a
flying job in Norway (or even Scandinavia). He couldn't come back to
the US either. He works today as an electrician in Norway.

The irony is that if he'd been a Mexican, he'd probably be living down
the street. No quotas for them!

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com