Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 68 illegals apply for MD license/ID card gave same address-800sq ft home

SteveB wrote:
"metspitzer" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 18:57:50 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:05:24 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:52:59 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:14:58 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
n the Statue of Liberty,

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to
breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these,
the homeless, tempest tossed, to me"

Too bad that the current rules seem to say just the opposit.
Look at the history. We are letting more in legally than at any
time
in our history. When those words were written the bar to get in was
much
higher.

But why is there a bar????
Why shouldn't there be?
I would guess because there is no "good" reason for having
one. Sort of like establishing a minimum income to walk in a park.

Really? No good reason?

How about people with infectious diseases?
How about hard core criminals?
How about terrorists?

Not quite the same as a walk in the park.

Ellis Island was a harsh place. People were put back on boats and returned
to the sea. Getting into America was not a given. A very dark book could
have been written on Ellis Island, and probably has. But then, it would
only interest people who could read, are interested in history, or want to
know the truth.

But I guess someone would then write an abridged Pollyanna version.

Sheesh.

Steve

You do mean politically correct version?

TDD