Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool washing machine model WTW5310VQ0 or WTW5300VW2.

On Tue 31 Mar 2009 09:38:30p, Molly Brown told us...

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"I don't check anything. My local appliance dealer does all of that,
delivers, hooks up, and tests it for me. Why should I do his job?"

1. Then what are you doing on this blog? This is generally for people
who want to do it themselves.
2. I hope you never have to move (change residence) or maybe you can
afford to buy a new washing machine every time you move.

We bought a Kenmore washer and dryer from Sears 13 years ago. Since that
time we have moved it cross country and into 4 different homes, including
our present home. Neither unit has required service of any kind. If you
know what you're buying, you don't need to rely on anyone unless it just
happens to be a lemon.

3. This information is for everyone including appliance dealers who
may not know enough or care to check for a mounting screw on a valve
especially since manufacturers are always changing their design.
4. I’m glad you found an appliance dealer you can trust so much.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.