George Eversole Jr.

Default Craftsman table saw tuning semi-saga.

Lazarus Long wrote in message . ..
On 19 Oct 2003 00:25:41 -0700, (George Eversole Jr.)
wrote:

Or bringing road debris back from the dead.

I think calling it road debris is a bit strong.

Actually it was found on the side of the road awaiting the garbage
man. Good eye dad! The only real problem was that it had a blade w/ a
1" hole on the 5/8" arbor. This tore up the arbor and bearings, hence
a replacement. Other than that and adding some machined pullys,
guard/splitter, and a link belt the saw was in great shape.

Just today I checked my saw with a caliper and note that
it's parallel with the miter slot by 0.001"

Thank you. Last night, I just read the Lee Valley technical manual
which had the article about checking ruler accuracy this way. I never
thought to use it for measuring blade parallelism though. Thank you
very, very much. I'm willing to bet that it is much better than an
INCRA rule.

My saw has had all the usual upgrades (fence, link belt, ect.) In
spite of that, I'd like a cabinet saw just for more power. The
contractors saw really struggles going through 3" thick maple or oak.
Why don't I? It isn't the money, it's the weight of the cabinet saw.
I work in the basement. Even if I slide it down some boards into my
shop, someday I'll have to bring it out. And I'm not getting any
younger. I think I'll wait until I either move or build an
outbuilding for a shop.

I am in exactly the same boat. My shop is a spare bedroom in a rented
basement apartment. Heck, getting the contractors saw down there was
bad enough. I think I'll hold off on the cabinent saw until I get to
ground level AND can run 220.

-ghe