alexy

Default What Woodcraft COULD have done

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message

I think the complaint (at least the initial one) was that they placed
orders that were confirmed, THEN later learned that they were reduced
or cancelled. Hearing that makes me learing of shopping there too.
It's one thing to visit a store and find that they are out of the sale
item, it's another thing to visit the store, get your 5 clamps, then
have a store employee take them away from you when you are heading for
the door.

-Chris

Was the confirmation that the order was received? Or that they had
everything and it would be shipped? I'm amazed at how many people can say
what SHOULD have been done and don't know a damned thing about how their web
site and ordering software works. It can probably handle multiple orders
being taken. After that, I have no idea nor do the other posters. We all
know that limited stock means just that.

You are on target there. I got a "confirmation" screen, but read it to
see that each item showed status as "pending approval" or some such
language, so I went to bed not knowing whether I had bought clamps or
not, despite having the order confirmed. I was nervous when I woke up
to the same message, and suspected that there might be a yet-to-come
process of allocating clamps based on the time-stamp on the orders. So
I never "counted my chickens" until I got the shipping confirmation.

Now some say they got a confirmation, and a shipping of 0 quantity
notice, which does sound like a Woodcraft screw-up. But Does anybody
realize that we are only hearing one side of that story, and there are
a host of ways the poster _might_ have screwed it up himself. Hard to
get too bent out of shape about something we know so little about.

PS, while I am happy with Woodcraft on this one, they still rank
second in B&M (to Highland Hardware) and second in online (to Amazon)
preferences for me (although not as distant seconds as before).
--
Alex