Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy alexy is offline

Default The Critter Spray Gun - what it can/can not shoot

Pat Barber wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions on a
starting point or even a product that
would be suitable for this gun ?

I've used it with oil-based primer and alkyd enamel to good effect. I
thinned it just enough to shoot, to minimize runs on vertical
surfaces. The self-leveling properties of the paint covered my
technique. I was shooting interior "gates" with a lot of open work.
Would use my el-cheapo HVLP if I had large surfaces to coat.

I've also used it with shellac. Makes me an even bigger fan of
shellac.