Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Electrical schematics on Linux?

If you remove the crosses and garlic from your computers there is a
free evaluation version of PADS available from Mentor Graphics:
http://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/

PADS is a very powerful commercial schematic capture and board layout
suite, easily capable of circuits as complex as a PC motherboard or
digital satellite radio network controller (what I used it for). The
eval version will not print or plot a design with more than 30
electrical symbols but that isn't a serious limitation unless you want
to make Gerber plots to fab a board. The command tree structure is
unintuitive and it's somewhat difficult to learn.

The currently available version runs fine under Win2000 and XP.
Serious professional design software like this is why I don't run unix
any more. I spent ten years at a PC-unfriendly company, struggling
with the Mac and Solaris alternatives.

Jim Wilkins