Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Strange observations during a power outage

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:02:57 -0500, wrote:

I've always wanted to see what is actually inside one of them. Is is
similar to the power transformers on electronics, such as the old
power transformers on the old tube tv sets, except bigger and wound
with much thicker wire? I've noticed the transformers inside a
welder are similar too, but that's a much lower voltage.

I saw a recent episode of "How It's Made" and they showed the
construction of a power transformer.

G.S.