Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Forming splined form to round aluminium pot shaft

Ron wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:
Or rather fine pitched nuts, sliced down , due to the concavity, there

is
then a lead in formed on the Al and the lead out side is irrelevant.
Pinch the matching bolt in place between the segments while brazing onto

the
jaws for alignment

Well, I was thinking of a somewhat more elegant solution.

I don't quite follow how you would use a nut as as die, surely that
would put a thread on the shaft rather than a spline?

Just small sections

You know the way some of these splined spindles are also serrated - I wonder
if someone has been here before.
Anyone know how to smash a large and course file into pieces ? and then
grind down a couple of bits and then fix to the jaws of some lock jaw
pliers.
Grind in at 4 bites and then hold in a vice there and bash with a hammer ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England