Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lagagnon lagagnon is offline

Default Sunbeam-Oster Model 5821 Breadmaker - loud squeak when kneading

I have a 4 year old Sunbeam-Oster Model 5821 Breadmaker. Works great
except just recently the motor section has begun squeaking quite
loudly when the motor arm beneath the brean pad is turning (ie when
the dough is being stirred). It is not a problem with the bread pan
paddle or the bread pan shaft. It is internal within the motor area.

I am reasonably mechanically inclined so I have no problems taking it
apart. It seems to me I will have to grease something or other when I
find out where the system is squeaking and that it will obviously
require some sort of high temperature grease.

Any one have any other ideas or suggestions on what type of grease/oil
to use?

Larry