Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT -- The Civil Heretic - Dyson doubts Global Warming

On Mar 31, 10:53*pm, wrote:

Actually Larry, your wrong. The weather people can consistently get in
right, but your local weather events get a bit iffy after 7 days. This
is easy to prove by jotting down the forecasts every night for a week
and then comparing them with what actually happens.
Sadly, no one does this, so the old myths prevail.........

Andrew VK3BFA.

The weathermen here freely admit that they try to find a consensus
among several models which have proven themselves useful, and
sometimes they show the range of variations. Some weather patterns are
predictable 5 days ahead, others fool them right up until the event.
The ice storm we had in December that took out electricity for a week
over half the state is a good example of that. I still have the
traditional Yankee weather-predicting string hanging outside,
vertical=calm, horizontal=windy, wet=rainy, dry=sunny, gone=hurricane.

Jim Wilkins in NH