Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Free Sun servers

technomaNge wrote:

The Hurdy Gurdy Man wrote:

I often have PCs and other assorted cables and junk, so if you're into
scrounging up hardware for some reason, just say so.

I haven't seen any posts from him for a while but there was a guy
here that fixed old computers and gave them to veterans.

He could probably use all the PC parts, especially IDE drives and
memory, that you care to ship.

I think I have his email addy, I'll try to contact him.

Thank you for the email. I am just getting back online. I lost the
motherboard in my office computer Saturday, and had fun recovering my
newsgroups on this system. This group was caught up, and I see 6316
unread messages, even after Newsproxy deleted over half of the new
messages.

technomaNge
--
Obama: Half white. Half black. All red.

I'm still fixing the computers, but had to cut down on my online
time, due to another problem with VA health care. I was ****ing blood
in December, yet the nurse refused to let me see my doctor and insisted
it had to be kidney stones. It was almost a month later when I was able
to get a ride to the VA hospital, where they told me it was a bladder
infection, and should have been treated at the local clinic.

This is the kind of care you all have to look forward to, with
Obama's health care package.

I am still regaining my strength, but haven't stopped working on
computers. I can always use good hard drives, DIMM, DDR, & DDR2
memory. I think I can get you a receipt for donations from my church,
since the provide me with a tiny office where people can drop things
off. Most people were just happy to be rid of old hardware, till the
economy took a crap.

My church runs a program to buy, rehab and resell houses to low
income families, and the project is scheduled to move into a city owned
building next week, I am promised space for a (free) computer lab to
teach people the basics of computer use & basic repairs under their non
profit corporation.

I've only received three complete computers so far this year. I used
to get two or three every week. I am almost caught up, and have put
some spare monitors 'up for adoption' on the local Freecycle group. (The
group is full of free pets. ;-)

The email address is good, if you can help.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!