LRod

Default What Woodcraft COULD have done

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 03:30:09 GMT, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

This of course brings up a good point. If every major retailer has this
sale,

... and somehow Woodcraft did not learn from others' experience

See my answer to this below.

Woodcraft could certainly have taken advantage of knowledge gained
by other retailers' results with this sale; their promotions were advertised
and although the "while supplies last" disclaimer may have been present,

According to the Marketing Manager from American Clamp, each of the
vendors who were going to commit to the promotion had to place their
orders in the Spring. Thus no retailer, including those yet to have a
sale (if any, now), had an opportunity to go back and order more based
on the previous sellers' experience.

I don't think most Woodcraft customers expected that they would be
dealing with a "Who" concert sellout type of phenomenon.

Nor did Woodcraft.

but I also think Woodcraft screwed up royally as well, especially since
they had the benefit of other retailers' experiences in this regard.

See above. They may have had the benefit, but they didn't have the
opportunity. I don't think you could be any more wrong.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net