Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug T Doug T is offline

Default Best Drill Bits

Buerste wrote:
"Calvin Rupert" wrote in message
Every time I look at drillbits for metal at the local
Home Depot I'm totally confused.Which is the best,I see tin coated,black
coated etc.Recently I saw a new line of wood bits from Milwaukee,they look
good but as I said above I'm confused.

Nachi is my very favorite brand. They also make the best taps.

How do you rate the various offerings from MSC or Enco?
Import
Made in USA
Cleveland
Chicago Latrobe
Triumph
Nachi
Precision Drill
others?

And would you say the value compares, is Chicago Latrobe really worth
twice what Triumph is and Cleveland triple, or would you say it more
like the first time you double the price you pay you get three time
better bits but the next doubling in price only gets you a 50% better
bit and then double again and you get 15 better still?

Doug T