Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default patching ceiling crack

On Mar 30, 10:16*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

there's
a crack running the length of the area (4') and I know the RIGHT way to
patch it is to dig it out, then put down some mesh tape and feather it.

Sounds like you have plaster. Seems safe to assume since there
shouldn't be a drywall seam that close to the wall as in most
instances of over-the-refrigerator cabinets... (but it is described as
4' long)... (and, these days, who knows what idiot hung the drywall).

You didn't mention the crack width, but since it is described as a
"stable", "crack", I think I'd probably try spackle first.
-----

- gpsman