Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default reliability of Pioneer plasma sets

Arfa Daily wrote:

snip

Based on what you are
saying, there is no reason why a low voltage 50 watt car bulb, should heat
any slower than a 50w 240v bulb, but obviously it does, as the ramp up time
can be very clearly seen on them.

Anybody over there got a photodiode, a storage 'scope, and the time to hook
'em together to have a look at just how long the time delay is? Once that
was known, I could do the same here to get a rough comparison.

Sure, but getting to it is the issue; I had promised to run remote controls
near a radio receiver to listen for RFI too and haven't got to that either.
Perhaps this weekend; if done I'll post the results and a link to an image
file for the waveform.

Michael