Andrew Gabriel

Default 16A fused spur

In article ,
"Christian McArdle" writes:
Is it possible to get a 16A fused spur, or components to make one up?

My new tumble dryer has arrived. It obviously has two heating elements (or
less likely, some complicated power electronics), as it can be configured
for 10A or 16A operation. It is currently plugged into a 13A socket switched
by a 20DP switch on a 32A radial, so must be run at 10A. Drying times would
be considerably reduced using the 16A option, which given the avalanche of
washing it deals with, would be very useful.

Diversity in the circuit is easily sufficient for the load at 16A. Has
anyone seen some sort of replacement for a 13A unswitched socket that would
enable me to connect it in? It needs to be protected at 16A via fuse or MCB,
I'm quite happy to hard wire the flex into it, or a nearby junction box. I
have neither the money, space or inclination to install a 1 way consumer
unit with a 16A MCB. Something that fits in a single electrical box and
doesn't jut out from the wall would be good.

You could use a 16A industrial outlet, but this must be protected
at no more than 20A, IIRC. However, it won't meet your criteria of
fitting a standard electrical box.

--
Andrew Gabriel