Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Strange observations during a power outage

On 3/30/2009 9:25 PM Don Klipstein spake thus:

In article m, David
Nebenzahl wrote in part:

Yes. All power transformers for low-frequency AC are basically the same:
an iron core of some type with windings around it. Small transformers,
like the ones in audio equipment, TVs, etc., generally use "E"-shaped
cores, with one winding around each outside leg of the "E".

Unlike what you said, both the primary and secondary windings are around
the "center leg of the E's".

Yes. I realized that was wrong after I sent that message.

So do you know the construction details of utility power transformers?

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)