Posted to alt.home.repair

Default patching ceiling crack

On Mar 30, 9:30*pm, Steve Daniels wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:16:39 -0400, against all advice, something
compelled Nate Nagel , to say:

* * * However it looks like on the previously exposed area someone just
* * shoved some mud in it and called it good, and the crack has also not
* * reappeared in the two plus years we have been in the house, which says
* * to me that it's pretty stable. *Would it be really, really bad to just
* * do the same? *To fix it "right" I'd probably end up painting the whole
* * damn ceiling, and I'm just not ready for that yet (and I don't know that
* * I have enough paint to do that... right now I'm just trying to make it
* * look "acceptable," a full repaint/color change is a ways down the road)

If you don't mind doing it over again a ways down the road, it
sounds like an ok plan to me.

--

Real men don't text.

I would work some carpenters glue into the crack before applying the
mud into the crack. The glue will help delay recracking.

Bob Hofmann