Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default 68 illegals apply for MD license/ID card gave same address-800 sq ft home

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:56:48 -0400, willshak
wrote:

on 3/30/2009 7:52 AM (ET) Frank wrote the following:
On Mar 29, 9:16 pm, Red Green wrote:

OT but these are the people taking taxpayer bucks in the form of gvmt
money and US citizen jobs...including construction and repair service.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...nounce-drivers...

=====================

Maryland is one of only four states - along with Hawaii, New Mexico and
Washington state - that do not check the immigration status of persons
trying to obtain a driver's license.

The situation has gotten so bad that businesses run classified ads in
Spanish-language publications in the District, Virginia and Maryland
urging "undocumented Hispanic friends" to take advantage of the
opportunity to get a Maryland ID without having to prove they are in the
country legally.

In one case, Maryland motor vehicle officials say, 68 people applying
for licenses and identification cards gave the same address for an
800-square-foot home in Baltimore.

PA must also be bad because all the illegals in DE are driving cars
with PA tags. If you live in DE for a month or two you are required
to register the car in DE but nobody enforces the law. They also have
no insurance.
I know 3 people involved in accidents caused by illegals.

I know of one that was partially responsible for an accident.
I was in a Sam's Club parking lot with my Nissan Pickup. I went to back
out of the space and I checked behind for any pedestrians or other
vehicles backing out behind me. Saw none, so started backing out,
repeatedly checking left and right for pedestrians or vehicles coming
down the lane and saw none. All of a sudden, my truck stopped with a
loud bang. I checked the mirror and saw nothing. Checked both sides and
saw nothing. I thought I suffered some mechanical failure, like the
engine blew or the tranny fell out. Then, in the mirror I saw a vehicle
pulling away from my rear. My tailgate had hidden the car from view when
I had looked in the mirror. Apparently, we had backed up simultaneously
from opposite sides of the lane and collided. I got out and checked my
truck's rear end. There was only some scratches in the chrome on my step
bumper. I looked at his vehicle, which was an old Maxima. The entire
rear end was caved in. Both taillights were broken, and the entire area
between the taillights was pushed in to where it was about 6" in from
the trunk lid. The car was driven by a hispanic man with a heavy accent.
I asked if he was OK. He said "Yes, OK". I then offered to exchange
information and call the police to file a report. He said it was not
necessary. I said "You have a lot of damage, I have none". He smiled and
said, "It's OK. I fix", and repeatedly said he didn't want to file a
report, so we both left.
I suppose he didn't want any authorities involved, for whatever reason.

Yeah. That is why my insurance told me they would automatically add
uninsured motorist coverage to my policy at renewal.

Apparently there enough uninsured drivers that makes that necessary,
even though it is the law to carry insurance.