Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Keith Marshall Keith Marshall is offline

Default Ring roller drawings and such

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Thanks, Keith. Building one is much preferable to buying one.

You're welcome and I agree!

Questions:
What clearance are you using for the base-to-lift platform?

If I understand what you're asking, it's 8" from the top of the base to the
bottom of the lift platform. The jack I used is 8" when fully retracted.

Are the slides greased, or do they need it?

They're not but it would probably be a good idea. Or just a light oil. I
think it would help the lift platform drop back down more easily more than
anything.

Do you have plans to electrify it using a gear motor?

I don't but the guy that bought the 2nd one does. He told me before I built
it that he wants to put a jeep rear end on it to gear it way down and then
motorize it. Seems like a bit of overkill to me but it's his now so he can
do whatever he wants with it. :-)

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"