Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I messed up and may have ruined my drill

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:20:45 -0400, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

I have a Dewalt cordless drill.

I was outside in my planter area doing some formwork and ran out of
fasteners. I stopped and drove to HD to get some more.

During that time it rained...more like poured...

I had the drill standing up on a step stool (smart huh?) The rain or wind
must have knocked it over, and it felt into the planter area. When I got
back it's all wet. I peeked into the housing and saw some sand got inside
the housing. I tried to shake some of it out, but because of the wetness
some sand stayed inside.

It still works...but I am wondering whether I have done big damage to it.

I hope I don't have to get a new cordless drill.

MC

Dry it off, clean it, and hope. I would not leave good tools
unattended, we have relatively low crime but theft does happen. Take
care of your good tools and you will save money in the long run.