Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default arched window lintels

I was going to use an arched lintel and build over it (using soldiers
or not) for the arched window in my extension. This of course leaves
the lintel showing, which may not look too good.
I since heard about brick slip bonded lintels, where you sent them
some bricks and they shape and glue on, creating the effect of a real
arch. I don't think BCO would be keen on me trying to build a real
loadbearing arch since I am a DIYer.
I would need a cavity wall arched lintel with built in cavity tray (at
least thats whats on my plans).
Anyone used these, and is the effect good ?
Also, what sort of price would you pay ?
Thanks,
Simon.