Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default reliability of Pioneer plasma sets

It's an odd thing, this CRI and colour temperature. I haven't really been
able to figure why I have no problem at all with working under linear
flourescents, no matter whether they are white, daylight or warm white,

and
yet, I find there to be something fundamentally 'wrong' with the light

from
CFLs, no matter what colour they are. I also have trouble reading under
them, but no problem with linear flourescents. Also, the strike up time,

and
sometimes several attempts at striking of a linear, doesn't bother me a

jot,
but that brief delay in startup of a CFL bugs the life out of me. Strange.

Wish I had an answer. I have several Lowell "ego" lights that use CFLs with
a CRI over 90. You can shoot photos at 5500K, and they come out fine.

Either there's something "wrong" with your color vision (which I doubt), or
you just haven't seen good CFLs. Believe me, they exist.