Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default I messed up and may have ruined my drill

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:52:02 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:20:45 -0400, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

I have a Dewalt cordless drill.

I was outside in my planter area doing some formwork and ran out of
fasteners. I stopped and drove to HD to get some more.

During that time it rained...more like poured...

I had the drill standing up on a step stool (smart huh?) The rain or wind
must have knocked it over, and it felt into the planter area. When I got
back it's all wet. I peeked into the housing and saw some sand got inside
the housing. I tried to shake some of it out, but because of the wetness
some sand stayed inside.

It still works...but I am wondering whether I have done big damage to it.

I hope I don't have to get a new cordless drill.

MC

I hope you let it thoroughly dry before use......
Once dry, any electric device will normally work again.

A plastic bag of rice; said to work on cell phones after dropped into
water.

Place the phone /(tool in the bag) The rice will absorb the moisture.

Got an air compressor? Blow out the sand. If not, I'm sure your
local auto service center would do it for you. Or maybe a strong shop
vac.