Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlet Above Drop Ceiling?

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 04:36:27 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:55:32 -0400, "T. McQuinn"
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:

Why not? What's the difference between an outlet above a drop ceiling and an
outlet in the attic?

Thanks, guys.

To be honest, sometimes I am surprised by the things that aren't
allowed. I don't always see the big picture when I'm focused on a
particular application like this. I have seen outlets above drop
ceilings in businesses, powering their network routers & switches, but I
never stopped to think whether or not it was in compliance with the code.

I'd be very careful to conceal what you're doing. If it does violate
the codes, you're in big trouble. You do know that the Bush
administration passed a bill allowing building inspectors to cut the
testicles off homeowners who violate federal and/or local codes.

Put the house in the wife's name.