Posted to alt.electronics,comp.sci.electronics,rec.electronics,sci.electronics
Bob Larter Bob Larter is offline

Default Convert "ping" on piezo to LED flash?

Peter Hucker wrote:
I have a device which makes a "ping" noise on a piezo tweeter (one of those 10p sized things you get in wrist watches). Is there any way I can connect this output to some LEDs to flash when it makes the noise?

A pair of LEDs in series with one of the piezo wires might work.
Eg:
LED1 Piezo
'-|-'
LED2

If it's a piezo with its own oscillator, something like this might work:

LED1 + -
Piezo