Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is horse chestnut wood good for anything?

wrote:

.... snip

It might not have been much good anyway. The reason we had to take it
out was that it had serious root damage and started leaning. The tree
guy showed me some of the cross sections. The damaged wood went pretty
far in. He said the tree had been badly pruned for many years.

What kinds of things make up "badly pruning"? I have to admit that I
don't have a really good feel for pruning well and would like to make sure
that I don't do something that would irreparably damage any of the few
trees that we have growing here.