Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus24834 Ignoramus24834 is offline

Default Todd Rich

On 2009-03-29, Todd Rich wrote:
Todd, could you elaborate. I am not familiar with this particular
unloader that I have on this compressor. My unloader on the 340 is a
lot simpler. I will greatly appreciate.

Ok, here is a picture of mine:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...dercontrol.jpg

Looks just like mine.

The copper tubing coming up from the tank goes to the unloader control
pilot. It splits up, with the tubing the comes out on the bottom side
going around and connecting up after the control pilot assembly. This
line would run straight to the unloader towers if you didn't have the
control pilot in place. Here is a picture of mine before I put
the contol pilot in place.

Mine looks like your first picture.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...comp/comp5.jpg

Back to the first picture. The on/off valve with the blue handle. When
it is closed, the control pilot is bypassed. When it is open, when the
pressure reaches your setting, it activates control pilot and vents the
air from the line out the left side. The has the unloader towers on top
open up. On this one, the pilot assembly is adjustable. You can get ones
that have a fixed preset pressure. On the ajustable ones, the tighter you
adjust the screw, the higher pressure that is needed for the ball-pilot to
kick over and vent.

I did notice that your compressor didn't have any tubing coming up from
the tank to this unloader pilot assembly. So, you won't be able to use it
until it has air coming from the tank to it.

Some not bright people damaged it with forklifts. I will restore it.

Let me know if I'm not explaining this well.

Oh, and that little silver colored tab on the left side of the pilot? If
you pull it, it forces the pilot to unload the compressor regardless of
the pressure.

Why do you have a ball valve?

Thanks Todd. I saved your explanation.
posting on Usenet.