Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default reliability of Pioneer plasma sets

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 02:22:37 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

The colour of the light is sick and rancid. I have another in an outside
light. During the winter, that is just about giving its full quota of light,
by the time it's dawn, and time for it to go off again.

I had similar opinions about CFL bulbs for quite a while. They just
looked reddish with a color temp of about 2500K. One of my former
customers is a lighting store. While working on their machines, I
asked if they had any CFL bulbs with a higher color temperature
approaching daylight at about 5500K. Nope, but some of the "natural
light" bulbs were rated at 3500K, which was worth a try. They looked
somewhat better and as an added bonus, didn't blow up after a few
weeks of operation. A few months later, the "daylight" series of
bulbs arrived at 5000K and up, which were a major improvement.

Most of the discount store CFL bulbs are unrated by color temperature.
Little wonder as I suspect they use whatever bulbs they can buy from
an assortment of vendors. No specs means no consistency.

Some of the bulbs I've used have a fairly long turn on time. This
bugs me but not enough to be concerned. I've learned to live with the
delay.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D