Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dust collection piping sticker shock

Thanks all. Lots of good info.

If I can find a local source for the PVc S&D as described by Bill
Pentz I'll probably go that way. I'll check out the kent ctraft and
Penn State stuff too.

Thanks again.

On Mar 27, 1:46*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
OK, so I figured when I formalize my dust collection for the home shop
I'll just go to Grizzly and order all the metal pipe, fittings and
blast gates I need. Going all metal I'll avoid the static problems.
Going with smooth pipe I avoid the friction loss of flex, yada, yada.
Well even with a very conservitive 2 branch run it is a bit costly.

So if I go plastic and religiously run the copper wire, etc. can I
just use standard ABS or something of the sort?

BW