Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stealth Pilot Stealth Pilot is offline

Default Where to find a precision level

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:40:15 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Mar 29, 12:34 pm, Wes wrote:
"Tim" #__#@__.- wrote:
Who has the best deal on a precision level?

Not to bust your bubble but it is a whole lot more fun leveling a lathe
using two levels.
One will work, just takes a lot longer. Just out of curiousity, what state
do you live,
just in case you are like really close to where I live?

Wes

I have wondered about this - reluctant to spent heaps on a tool I
would use but infrewuently. Any other method that can be done with
handy household appliances?

Andrew VK3BFA.

if you can't afford the $25 that a VIS master level typically goes for,
maybe you shouldn't mess with the lathe. If it's the AU price issue, I'm
sure any of us will be willing to receive it and reship it to you - of
course a flat rate box to AU is not all that cheap either.

hafco sell a precision level in australia.

the difference between a precision bubble level and garden variety
bubble level is the internal radius of the aperture that the bubble
rides in. really accurate levels have a radius in the hundreds of
feet.

Stealth Pilot