Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] is offline

Default "commercial" posts allowed?

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:42:06 -0400, Wes wrote:
"Buerste" wrote:

Only if you use large quantities of wire brushes.

So if you were cleaning the flame tube in a wash system tank, what sort of brush would you
use to get the calcium off it?

I've heard that soda blast works great too but I'm not sure I can get boss to cut loose
with money for that.

On the Outside of the tube where the solution is? Get a barrel of
CLR (or the acid they use) and loosen it up before you try blasting or
mechanical cleaning. Work smarter, not harder.

Just make sure it's compatible with the metals - they get mad when
you dissolve the equipment...

-- Bruce --